Friday, June 21, 2013

New Vlog and update on thesis!

Hello! Well I have a few new exciting things to share.

1. Remember that mic I talked about? Well, I recorded some test lines for Taluun, played around with some filters, and I think I have a good sounding voice for him. Soon, I'll be recording all of his lines and making some animations based around them to get a general feel for the character and also working kinks out of the Unreal 3 pipeline so that later down the road, there isn't a problem.

2. I also played around with Taluun and made some progress on his model, however, I won't upload any more pictures until he is completely finished. I also made some adjustments to Elia and hopefully by next week I can upload some update photos on her.

and finally:

3. To keep myself from burning out on my thesis and to motivate my art skills, I decided to start a Vlog called "1000 Bad Drawings" with the concept that every artist has a 1000 bad drawings out and practice makes perfect. Essentially, its just a digital sketchbook, but why not make it interesting?

Anyways, here's my first video and I'll be uploading daily (yes, daily). I am terrible with keeping up with these kinds of let's hope this goes well. I will have to push myself harder than ever before.

Enjoy! And until next time...keep updated on my new youtube Vlog!

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Getting it together

So, it's been a bit of a slow week as far as work is concerned, what with it being my birthday and all, but I have been getting some things together and doing some 2D work.

I went into Photoshop and quickly whipped up some squares for story boarding which I will be using to get a general idea of how the scenes look and composed. So far I have 2 pages which isn't really much but like I said, it's slow going. Once I get the storyboard done, I will be scanning it and will post it.

I also recently purchased a microphone for recording dialogue. So far I really like it for the price range. $70 Samson Meteor Mic with USB. I will be playing around with different audio software to see what I can do for voices and synths for the previously mentioned character: Taluun.

I am very excited to continue working on this and I hope to get Taluun finished in the next week or so (high poly I mean) and can start recording lines. Oh, the fun will begin when I start rigging. I may hold off on that or flop back and forth between Elia and rigs in order to not get bogged down and bored of the single project. I tend to find that working many hours on the same thing as tedious and can make mistakes doing so from looking at the same thing.

Anyways, I'll be posting hopefully some good stuff next week!

Until next time!